Here is help for actors, directors, stage managers, producers, and event planners who want to understand every aspect of technical theater—from scenery, lighting, and sound to props, costumes, and stage management.
In this thoroughly revised new edition, the popular guide firmly embraces the digital age with new content about digital audio, intelligent lighting, LED lighting, video projection, and show control systems, all explained in the same approachable style that has kept this book in the pockets of industry professionals for many years. A brand-new chapter on sound design has also been added, and every chapter has been updated with more information about the basics of theater technology, including draperies, lighting instruments, microphones, costume sketches, and more. This book teaches:
- Who’s who on a theatrical production team
- What is needed to know about technical theater and why
- What to look for when choosing a space for a show
- How to communicate with lighting, scenery, audio, and costume designers
- How to stage manage an effective show or presentation
Covering both traditional and digitally supported backstage environments, this book is an essential guide for working with every technical aspect of theater! ©2016, 404 pages