Scenic Design and Lighting Techniques
A Basic Guide for Theatre. Basic. This is the key word in Scenic Design and Lighting Tecniques: A Basic Guide for Theatre, written by two seasoned professionals with over twenty years of experience. This book is designed to show you how to turn a bare stage into a basic set design, without using heavy language that would bog you down. From materials and construction to basic props and lighting, this book explains all you will need to know to build your set and light it. Contents:
- Building the Set
- Creating the Environment
- Lighting the Set Features & Benefits:
- Be inspired by the images of real productions and learn from the instructional images
- Learn from designer" s concepts and drawings from actual professional and university productions
- Know that after reading this book, you'll be equiped with exactly what you NEED to know to design your stage scenery and lighting."" Readership:
- Beginning theatre professional that would need to know the basics of set design, lighting, and electricity.
- Students taking scenic design courses, lighting courses or any intro theatre class involving stage design.
- Supplementary material for Stagecraft classes. ©2006, 416 pages.