- Updated to cover the newest features of Pro Tools 9.
- Ensures the most credible, reliable information available with its recognition as Avid's official first level of training for Pro Tools users.
- Facilitates comprehension by starting from the ground up, introducing Pro Tools systems, setup, and basic operations, and using easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions.
- Encourages real-world uses for the software with hands-on exercises that allow readers to easily identify the focus of each lesson and practice new skills.
- Highlights key concepts with numerous figures and illustrations.
- Enhances learning experience with an accompanying DVD that contains sample sessions and source files that can be used with the book's many exercises.
Part I: BACKGROUND INFORMATION.
1. Getting to Know Pro Tools.
2. Getting Inside Pro Tools.
Part II: WORKING WITH SESSIONS.
3. Creating Your First Session.
4. Making Your First Audio Recording.
5. Importing Media into Your Session.
6. Making Your First MIDI Recording.
7. Selecting and Navigating.
8. Basic Editing Techniques.
9. Basic Mixing Techniques.
10. Finishing Your Work.
Part III: HANDS-ON PROJECTS.
11. Prelude. Project Introduction and Setup.
12. Project 1. Music Hands-On Project.
13. Project 2. Post Hands-On Project.
14. Part IV: Course Completion.
15. Overview. Information for Course Completion. ""©2011, Book & DVD-ROM