Master the Essential Knowledge all Guitarists Need to Know
Unlock essential guitar theory to boost your ability and confidence as a guitarist. Easy language. Music reading not required. Includes free downloadable audio.
Inside the 12 chapters of this guitar theory book you'll learn about intervals, triads, major and minor keys, chord sequences - and understand how to apply them to your playing, improvising and songwriting.
I'll use diagrams and simple, non-intimidating language to teach you in minutes, things which confuse some guitarists for years.
This guitar music theory book is for you if:
- You want to boost your music theory knowledge so you can become the guitar player you really want to be
- You're a singer songwriter who needs to learn about chords, keys and chord progressions in order to write great songs (like you hear on recordings!)
- You want to learn music theory but are unsure where to start
- You're a student who needs a crash course in music theory essentials to prepare for college auditions, entrance exams etc
- You're a beginner who wants to easily learn how music works as you take your first steps in learning to play guitar so you can avoid confusion, improve faster and learn more easily
- You feel confused and intimidated by the 'jargon' you hear other musicians or YouTube teachers use
- You 'kind of' understand theory... but you're not really sure how well!
This guitar theory book will teach you:
- The Musical Alphabet (the only 12 notes used in all music!)
- Tones and Semitones
- The Major Scale (learn what it actually is...)
- Major and Minor Triads (as used in most pop, country, rock and folk music)
- Major Scale Intervals (major 3rds, perfect 4ths...what are they?)
- Chromatic Intervals (discover what weird names like diminished and augmented really mean)
- Major Keys (Parts 1 & 2)
- Chord Progressions (start writing pro sounding chord sequences and songs of your own)
- Pentatonic Scales (the most common guitar scales ever...)
- The Natural Minor Scale (essential for minor key soloing in rock, pop and other styles)
- Minor Key Basics (learn the secrets of awesome minor key songs and chord sequences)
How will you learn and remember all this?
Easy! Each chapter introduces a new element of guitar theory. You'll get a clear but detailed explanation of the concept, multiple examples/practical exercises, FAQs and quiz questions to drive your understanding home.
To help you play certain practical examples there is also an appendix of common open chord shapes and barre chords at the back of the book.
Plus, every chapter is also available to you (free) as an audio file so you can immerse yourself in guitar theory whilst at the gym or walking the dog! You'll find details for these in the book.
You Can Do This ... and without all the bull! 'No Bull Music Theory for Guitarists' will make your journey as a guitarist much more enjoyable and way less confusing than mine has been! As a self-taught 18 year old guitarist, it literally took me years to figure this stuff out.
I've taught the material in this book to thousands of musicians around the world both in person and via my website, and I can tell you this: learning about music theory doesn't need to be scary, confusing, difficult or something that you avoid doing because you don't know where to start.
Let's get started! ©2021, 108 pages
Table of Contents:
How Should You Use This Book?
Chapter 1: The Musical Alphabet
Chapter 2: Tones and Semitones
Chapter 3: Major Scale
Chapter 4: Major and Minor Triads
Chapter 5: Major Scale Intervals
Chapter 6: Chromatic Intervals
Chapter 7: Major Keys (Part 1)
Chapter 8: Major Keys (Part 2)
Chapter 9: Understanding Chord Progressions
Chapter 10: Pentatonic Scales
Chapter 11: The Natural Minor Scale
Chapter 12: Minor Key Basics
Useful Chord Shapes