Celebrate Theory is a new series that supports the study of music theory at every stage of a student’s musical development. Encompassing rudiments, harmony & counterpoint, analysis, and music history, Celebrate Theory is an essential resource for enriching practical studies and developing well-rounded musicianship. Alignment with the Theory Syllabus, 2016 Edition (FH301) ensures student success in preparing for examinations of The Royal Conservatory Certificate Program.
Level 7New concepts include:
• transposition to any key, up or down
• inversion of intervals
• chromatic, whole-tone, octatonic, pentatonic, blues scales
• diminished, augmented triads; diminished 7th chord
• melody writing in minor keys
• introduction to Romantic and Modern eras