Recording and Producing Audio for Media
- Best-selling author Stanley Alten breaks essential topics--ranging from microphones to monitors, consoles and DAWs, synchronization, processors, voiceovers, dialog, field recordings, scoring, video games, mobile devices, post-production, and more--down to their fundamental elements.
- Completely up to date and comprehensive in scope, the text offers step-by-step instruction on everything from the fundamentals of sound and acoustics to the intricacies of recording and producing various types of media.
- Numerous helpful illustrations in each chapter enhance Alten''s user--friendly coverage of all the fundamentals of sound and recording/producing for media.
1. Sound and Hearing.
2. Acoustics and Psychoacoustics.
3. Loudspeakers and Monitoring.
5. Consoles and Control Surfaces.
7. Synchronization and Transfers.
8. Signal Processors.
9. Sound and the Speaking Voice.
10. Voice-overs and Narration.
12. Studio Production: Radio and Television.
13. Field Production: News and Sports.
14. Sound Design.
15. Sound Effects.
16. Music Underscoring.
17. Audio for Interactive Media: Game Sound.
18. Internet Production.
19. Music Recording.
21. Mixing: An Overview.
22. Music Mixdown.
23. Premixing and Rerecording for Television and Film.
24. Evaluating the Finished Product.