Master Handbook of Acoustics, Sixth Edition
The most complete and current guide to architectural acoustics principles and practices.
Design and construct audiophile-quality sonic environments of all sizes--from home theaters and project studios to large-scale recording studios. Thoroughly revised to include new acoustical design techniques, Master Handbook of Acoustics, Sixth Edition, explains the art and science of room acoustics and architecture by combining theoretical instruction with matter-of-fact engineering advice.
Written by renowned experts in the field and refined through several editions, this fully updated classic describes the fundamentals of acoustical properties, as well as the latest solutions to acoustical problems. Throughout, this authoritative text provides clear explanations, describes hands-on techniques, and features numerous room designs that can be built as presented, or adapted to your particular needs.
- Understand how sound waves travel in free fields and in enclosed spaces
- Learn how human sound perception and psychoacoustics affect room design
- Calculate and predict reflections, reverberation times, and room modes
- Perform acoustical measurements and site surveys, and choose construction materials
- Design, build, and install treatment modules to optimize early reflections, reverberation, and diffusion
- Design and build home theaters, home studios, control rooms, recording studios, and other acoustically sensitive spaces
- Reduce HVAC noise levels, and achieve excellent sound isolation with proven wall, window, and door designs
- Understand the acoustics of auditoriums and concert halls
- Utilize the supplied cost-effective plans and specifications for a variety of recording and listening rooms