Keith's Radio Station, 9th Edition
Keith's Radio Station offers a concise and insightful guide to all aspects of radio operations, explaining the functions performed within every professionally managed station. Now in its ninth edition, this book continues its long tradition of guiding readers to a solid understanding of who does what, when, and why.
This new edition explains what "radio" in America has been, where it is today, and where it is going. Covering the basics of how programming is produced, financed and delivered across a spectrum of technologies, including the newest technological trends such as streaming and podcasting, satellite, and HD Radio, John Allen Hendricks and Bruce Mims argue that the future of radio remains bright and strong as it continues to evolve with emerging technologies.
New to this edition:
- New and updated essays from industry leaders discussing how radio is evolving in an era of rapidly changing technology
- A thorough examination of Internet radio, online music services, and mobile listening devices
- An analysis of how new technologies have fragmented the advertising dollar
- A discussion of station website content and promotional usage of social media
- A revised examination of technologically advanced strategies used in traffic and billing departments
- Updated, full-color photos and illustrations.
""©2015, 536 pages